Reply To: White watercolor

Sandra Strait
Participant
@sandra-strait

I do keep a white gouache, but don’t have white watercolor because when I use white, it is for the opacity as well as the lightening effect.  I also have buff titanium for sand when I do seascapes.  I’m not one of the people who cringe back in horror at the thought of using black or white watercolor.  I think with any endeavor a person should use the tools available.  Sometimes, you want more opacity for whatever reason, and need to mix in a little white.  Sometimes you don’t quite know how big a highlight should be until you’ve painted the area around it (especially if you are painting from your imagination).  I expect my one tube of gouache to last most of my life, because I use it so seldom.  But I wouldn’t be without it, because when I need it I need it.  Rather than avoiding white, I think it’s a matter of learning when you really need it.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account