Reply To: Da Vinci watercolors

Tonya L
Participant

Hmmm, never tried that one… oh no, I shouldn’t have seen it! Must not purchase. Must not purchase. 🙂

I scrolled thru but I can’t immediately find where we were talking about MG. Last December, we moved from coastal NC to the mountains. The coast was the most disgustingly humid place I’ve ever lived, and I grew up in the Southeast, an area known for massive humidity and mosquitos the size of vultures.

Never had a problem with MG paints before I moved to the mountains. NEVER. Trekking to the beach with them and storing them in a pack in 102 degree temps with 98 percent humidity. They stayed put in my palette and dried just fine.

The biome here in the mountains is a temperate rainforest, just like the PNW, and though we get a lot of rain, the overall humidity is very low. Like it hovers around 40-60 percent. But here many MG colors stay a soupy mess no matter what I’ve tried. I have no idea why, but it is what it is. Ugh.

I’m about to give up on my ex-favorite brand, but I’m finding that American Journey and Da Vinci are just as vibrant but aren’t catastrophic in my palette.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Tonya L.

©2015-2023 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account