Reply To: Beginning the Adventure

Thanks Elizabeth and Margot! I have been trying to get into local juried shows, with some success. I put some prints in the museum shop of an art league at the beach, but there are so many prints on the racks I doubt i’ll Sell anything.

I belong to a “collective” in Baltimore City that is fairly new. I paid to join at a great discount when they first started, and have done a few shows with them. They don’t require volunteer hours for now, and I don’t have to hang my own work. Phew! They get 20% of my sales at shows, but they advertise and give me an advertisement for a month on their website for my membership. They are programmed more for younger entry level artists, but I like working with them.

Also lucked out recently, and got a 2 month gig at one of the local libraries. I can sell my displayed art, too! That’s plenty of work for this retired artist!  I don’t want it to start feeling like a job, and I want to keep enjoying it while it pays for my supplies and workshops! 😁

©2015-2023 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account