Reply To: What do you do with all your paintings?

Jennifer McLean
Participant
@jennifer-mclean

Thanks for that Ikea link, just like Sandra, me thinks I’m gonna have to go shopping. EEEgads. Ikea just opened a pick up location in our city. Now I’m really in trouble. IT looks fantastic and just what I’ve needed and been looking for.

I store my finished art in a large artist’s portfolio. It holds a 22×30 piece of watercolor paper so I can store the larger unused pieces of paper without damage and just chuck my done art in the front. I tend to thin the herd once a year too, toss out the bad, keep the good. I used to cut the stuff up that I didn’t like and make bookmarks. I have a laminator and you can buy bookmark lamination strips. I will start doing that again now that I’m back to reviewing books again for publishers. Use them as giveaways etc.

Other than that I put up the art I like around the house and sometimes gift a piece if someone likes it or trade with another artist. That’s fun as you end up with a great wall of art made just for you by friends. I also always scan my art and then make business cards with Moo.I love that I can show my work on my business card. If you’re secure with your work you can alway sell the original or make prints of it and sell those.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account