All The Books

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

The first book on watercolor I bought, and a good one at that:  Complete Watercolorist’s Essential Notebook, by Gordon MacKenzie. Tons of good information.

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Do you mean a refillable technical pen? I have Microns, and Staedtler and Zebra disposable technical pens.  I used to have the refilliable Koh-i-noor, but they always ended up helplessly clogged.  For a while, I used the Copic refillable multiliners, but had to order the refills, and they were almost as big as a pen, so I didn’t feel like I was saving the environment much by using them.  These days I’m using the Zebra pens.

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I’ve got that one as well.  I have lots of the older books.  You can pick up used copies so cheaply at Amazon so I have!

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I just ordered a used copy of Nita Leland’s ‘Exploring Color Coloring Book’, which is printed on watercolor paper so you can do the exercises right in the book.  Since it’s used it may already be painted in, but supposedly there is minimal marking at most, so I’m hoping not.  I have the workbook, but love the idea of painting right in the book.  And it was only $6.10 so it will be worth it even it some of the stuff is done.

Anonymous

Yes, I mean the old-style refillable technical pens used for drafting back in the day. Prone to clogging, need frequent cleaning, largely replaced by the disposables.

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

It takes someone really diligent and frequent use to keep those pens working.  A lot like fountain pens but worse, I think.  I always love the idea of them, though.

Jennifer McLean
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

Great thread!

Jennifer McLean
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

it sounds like you have a really eclectic collection Sandra, I’d love to peruse your library! hehehe.

Jennifer McLean
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

I am so guilty of that. I buy art books, peruse them at my leisure then don’t DO what they suggest in the book. If I did all the exercises I’d be busy now for a year with all the books I’ve never finished!

Jennifer McLean
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

Teri, I love that book!

Jennifer McLean
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

If I had the money, I’d buy every Haines book

Jennifer McLean
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

I took a mini course from Cathy Johnson in sketchbook Skool, then I was hooked on her style. I bought a specific indigo by W&N just because I LOVED how she used it. Seriously, lol.

Jennifer McLean
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

thanks for this, these are gorgeous, I never would have come across them.

Sharon Nolfi
    Participant
    @sharonnolfi

Jennifer, I also don’t actually DO the exercises in all the books I own. It’s always tempting to just buy more, peruse them, and fantasize about the art I could create. LOL

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Black sheep, black sheep, have you any books? Yes, sir, yes, sir three shelves full!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account