Beginning the Adventure

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Charlie O’Shields 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author
     Karen Raukko Ruberry 
    Participant

I am a retired grade school art teacher. I retired six years ago, and didn’t start painting until three years ago when my family responsibilities lightened up. I have had my work exhibited locally, and started an Etsy shop six months ago. I post my work on Facebook, and get a few sales here and there.

What are some suggestions for getting your work accepted by galleries? I current belong to The Artists Compound in Baltimore, and have had two exhibits with them, and a third in Gaithersburg this fall. I’ve exhibited through  juried exhibits at County arts leagues in Anne Arundel County Ocean City, MD. I am a member of Baltimore Watercolor Society, and plan plan to try for a Signature membership again in the fall.

i take watercolor classes, read watercolor books, watch videos and paint, paint, paint.

Is there hope for this old lady? Suggestions for increased sales?

Charlie O’Shields 
    Keymaster

I can definitely say that there’s a ton of hope!! I’ve personally never been accepted to galleries, so I can’t really speak to that, but know that if you keep posting and promoting your work, then your audience will definitely find you! 😃 And if you’d like some help with promotion, please just let me know and you can be a featured guest artist on Doodlewash! Just send me a note via my contact form if you’re interested: https://doodlewash.com/contact/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

©2015-2017 Doodlewash® | Privacy & Cookie Policy | Disclosure

Doodlewash.Club Logo
X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account