Buff from Daniel Smith

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Tonya L 7 months ago.

• Author
     Kate Powell 
    Participant
    @kate-powell

I have a half tube of Daniel Smith’s Buff and really cannot see the value in this color with my paints (I reach of other neutrals).  I can do this with Full Pans (swap) or can swap a half-tube for another half-tube… or make me an offer.  I won’t send until January!

Rebecca Tromel 
    Participant
    @rebecca-coday

I’d like to try it, but I only have tubes…mostly M. Graham. I do have an extra tube of golden ocher. And I am in the PDX Metro area.

Kate Powell 
    Participant
    @kate-powell

Maybe after the holiday we can meet and you can bring some MG colors and I can fill up a pan?  Sandra and I also need to meet so maybe the three of us can meet?  My studio is in NW.

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I’m all for a get-together after the first of the year.  You’d better give me instructions on how to get their now, though.  It might take me that long to find it, lol.  You know that saying ‘…can’t find my way out of a paper bag.” I’m sure I’m the one that started it!

Jennifer McLean 
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

awww, I wish I could go!1 I HATE being across the border. *pouting*

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Jennifer, I wish you were closer and could join with us.

Kate Powell 
    Participant
    @kate-powell

Anybody got a transport machine?

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I’m sure they don’t because I’ve put it out into the ether that I expect to be told immediately as soon as anyone does.  Nary a peep, have I heard, lol!

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I was just painting a cheetah cub, and wished that I had my Buff Titanium with me.  It truly isn’t a color I use often but it is a color that works well for the fur on some animals.

Kate Powell 
    Participant
    @kate-powell

I am going to put Buff into a couple of full pans, and Rebecca and Sandra, when we get together bring your MGraham tubes and we can pop some into one of my pans….  I’ve also not tried Primatek Garnet and a couple others….

Karen Howard 
    Participant
    @karen-howard

Anyone in the Raleigh N.C. area?

Tonya L 
    Participant
    @tonya

Hey, Karen, I just saw this. I’m not too far from you in the WNC mountains. Hello from a fellow North Cackalacky! 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account