Canvas brush roll

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Lisa Spangler
    Participant

Hi all! I’m on the lookout for a canvas brush roll — does anyone have one that they love? I’m thinking of the kind with the flap that you fold down so that the brushes don’t fall out and then you roll it up. Thanks so much!

Sandra Strait
    Participant

I’ve had canvas brush rolls in the past, but felt they didn’t give quite enough protection to the bristles.  I never tried one of the more expensive ones though, so there might be something better out there.

Lisa Spangler
    Participant

Hi Sandra! I was wondering if they’d have enough support…hmmm.

Mind if I ask what you use now?

Sandra Strait
    Participant

Right now I’m using a Meeden Zippered case. I have another similar case that doesn’t zip that I use for brushes that I don’t use so often.  I’m always looking for something new and interesting though.  I was just reading one of the older Guest posts by Catharine Mi-Sook, who has some rather fabulous (and expensive) palettes and cases.  She shows a leather roll-up that looks interesting, so I here’s the link if you are like me – I like to window shop even if I don’t intend to buy.

Sandra Strait
    Participant

I just remembered my first roll-up disappointment – I didn’t measure my longest brushes and some of them didn’t fit. You are probably smarter than me, but I thought I’d say something anyway, lol.

Kaye Boggs
    Participant

I was never happy with the roll up brush carriers either and then I won a black fabric hard zippered case from Cheap Joe’s at the Florida Watercolor Society conference. It’s 15″ long by 5-1/2″ wide (zipped closed)and 1-1/2″ at the hard spine I’ve used it 3 years now and it holds more than 15 brushes when unzipped and open and lays flat in my art tote bag .

Lisa Spangler
    Participant

Oh whoa, that leather brush case is all kinds of awesome!!! I’m kinda cringing over the glasses being in there tho LOL!

Lisa Spangler
    Participant

I’ll look into the zippered case, thanks!

Sandra Strait
    Participant

Yeah, leather or not, I think glasses would get a little scratched up!

Jennifer McLean
    Participant

Hi Lisa, I have to agree with Sandra whole heartedly. I even had someone make me a  custom brush case and still it was a dissapointment, the brushes just don’t stay in place unless the “pocket” is almost too tight then its a pain to get them in and out. Then there’s the fold down part which, I found, squished the bristles. What I’ve done is invest in two things, one, travel brushes (I have Da Vinci 1503’s, fantastic brushes!) but if that’s too expensive then how about a hard case. I just measured all my full length brushes and none are longer than 8 inches (including plastic protective brush cover, you know those little tubes that cover the tops?). This case is 8 inches inside and would hold a bunch of supplies. You just have to watch the inside dimensions and don’t throw away the little plastic tubes that come over your brushes when you buy them! Here’s the link to the one I found… http://amzn.to/2zinZAM

Susan Cuss
    Participant

I have a nice zippered case for paint brushes that I’ve had for some time, but have seldom used. I’ll take photos and post, if I can, to the art supply swap if anyone is interested in swapping with me.

Sandra Strait
    Participant

I might be interested in a swap.  I’d like to know how many brushes it holds, the size and what you’re looking for in return.  I’ll look for the answers in the swap thread.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2015-2023 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account