DIY Travel Palettes

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 278 total)
  • Author
    Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Has anybody tried the Jane Davenport watercolor set?   I suspect they are similar to the Prima sets, but the palette tins come in colors.  The link goes to the Australian site.  I think these run about $32 U.S.

Susan Cuss
    Participant
    @susan-cuss-1

True, Elizabeth. Using the magic erasers to make corrections can also damage the watercolour paper if you’re not extremely gentle.  I’ve also had it cause smears.

Susan Cuss
    Participant
    @susan-cuss-1

I have a Qor tin, but so far I’m using it as a palette for my Qor paints. I need another large paint palette, then I can turn the tin into a travel palette. It’ll be my first one! I used to just haul my big palettes with me for courses and plein air………

Susan Cuss
    Participant
    @susan-cuss-1

My Qor tin is unhinged………kinda like me   lol!

Susan Cuss
    Participant
    @susan-cuss-1

I think I need to get some primateks! I’ve never used pans. Just tubes. Maybe that’s because I haven’t had a travel palette.  I feel like I’m missing out. 😉  Cuz, yeah, I really DO need more paint…….

Susan Cuss
    Participant
    @susan-cuss-1

The lapis looks great! Nice paintings.

Susan Cuss
    Participant
    @susan-cuss-1

Good idea Jennifer!

Susan Cuss
    Participant
    @susan-cuss-1

I love those colours, Sandra! Must put Primateks on my wish list.

Susan Cuss
    Participant
    @susan-cuss-1

A giveaway? Wonderful!

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I do like the Qor tins!

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I think we’re all unhinged.  That’s why we like tins! We’re the unhinged tin bingers gang!

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

A lot of people like their paint fresh out of the tube, while others prefer it dried and rewet.  Pan paints don’t always perform exactly like the tube paints will, but tend to be more consistent in the way they handle.  It’s all a matter of preference and the type of painting style you have.

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I have a giveaway for one of the YouTangle tins going right now.  Hahnemühle has been very generous!

Debra “Kate” Powell
    Participant
    @kate-powell

hahahahaaaa

Debra “Kate” Powell
    Participant
    @kate-powell

Sandra I just sold my Mayans and you could sell your iridescents.  I lost money on it but will get 1-2 tubes of paint I  want for the cost of getting rid of the four I hated.  If you are on FB ask there, but I just started a page for this activity unless Charlie puts the nix on this.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 278 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account