Dogs and Cats

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Lulu Rain 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Author
     Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Since I do so many dog drawings, I can’t keep putting them into the ‘Favorites Pen and Ink’ because they can’t all be favorites, can they?

Delores Azary 
    Participant
    @delores

How adorable! Love this pup!

MMcBuck 
    Participant
    @mmcbuck

I think you can keep putting all the dog drawings as favorites! Your new favorite might replace an older favorite. Keep them coming!

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Thank you, Delores! It’s hard to go wrong with a French Bulldog.  They always have such cute expressions.

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Lol!  Thank you, Margaret.  I’ll keep that in mind – because dogs seem to be my favorite thing to draw for my husband’s lunch bag.

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I love that look of slight befuddlement that babies, of all kinds, get.

Marie Trope Zanzal 
    Participant
    @marie-trope-zanzal

These are so beautiful. I am melting into a puddle. I am a “dog person” and I find your dog drawings so expressive. What kind of ink do you use? And what kind of tool. A very pleasing colorful result.

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

@marie-trope-zanzal, Thank you! These are done with Zebra Pen Sarasa Fineliners on Hahnemühle Watercolour Postcards (the ones with the rough surface).  Because of the rough surface, the Fineliners get a broken line that lets you achieve a wide range of values and easily blend colors.  It’s become my favorite way of drawing.  I do a 4×6 postcard to put into my hubby’s lunch bag each work day.  I can do one of these drawings in about an hour, so I use the technique quite often.

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Another of my fineliner pen drawings – a Bernese Mountain Dog puppy.

Ann Hyde 
    Participant
    @ann-hyde

Gorgeous paintings Sandra, I love them.

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Thank you, Ann!

Tao Barry 
    Participant
    @tao

They are all beautiful. each in their own different way….it is very hard to choose a favourite    well done Sandra

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Thank you very much, Tao!

Jeanbean Mac 
    Participant
    @jeanbean

This would definitely be a favorite.  There so so much character expressed.   🙂

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account