Free Resource Photos for Artists

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Charlie O’Shields 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author
     Charlie O’Shields 
    Keymaster
     Claire Bureau 
    Participant

You can add the Facebook group “Photos for Artists”.  Wonderful stuff!

Charlie O’Shields 
      Keymaster

Great! There’s several on Facebook, so not sure which one you think is best. Can you post the link?

Sandra Strait 
      Participant

Thank you, Charlie! There were a couple links that I hadn’t found before.  Pixabay’s still my favorite though.

Charlie O’Shields 
        Keymaster

My pleasure! Yeah, that’s a really good source. I started by just trying to emulate the photo and now I’m trying to work from more references and improvise, but I’m still learning how render things! hehe

Claire Bureau 
    Participant

The group I use is called Photos for Artists.  Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PhotosForArt/

Tonya L 
    Participant

Really great resources, Charlie. Thanks so much! I’ve used morguefile.com for years. It was once independent but has since been purchased by iStock/Getty so they keep prompting users to purchase photos, but it’s still worth the hassle. I find some pretty inspiring stuff there.

Charlie O’Shields 
      Keymaster

Yay! Cool! That’s a great one… I’ll add it to the list! 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

©2015-2017 Doodlewash® | Privacy & Cookie Policy | Disclosure

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account