Handprint Website

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Prashant Maru 19 hours, 19 minutes ago.

• Author
     Sandra Strait 
    Participant

Many of you are probably familiar with the Handprint website.  It has a little bit of everything you might want to know about watercolor.  In fact, you can feel a bit overwhelmed by the mass of it, lol.  But if you are looking for substitute colors, or wonder how to test a new paper – or just almost anything you will probably find information here.

The only downside is that it hasn’t been updated for quite a long time so some of the information – especially regarding brand pigments – is outdated.  But there’s still some real gold here for those willing to do a little mining.

Kate Powell 
    Participant

I finally PDF’d the dang thing… it is an amazing “book” on watercolors, the best there is… saved me money too, understanding pigments and duplicating colors.  I mention it so much on my blgo and yet I think people are overwhelmed by it.  They just should chunk in and start learning!

Sandra Strait 
    Participant

That’s what I did.  I would go when I had a question, find the relevant area and soak it all in.  These days I mostly refer to it when I don’t have a certain color and want as close as possible from what I have.  I also refer back to it for the names of artists when I’m looking to try a new color palette, and want to see what others have used.

It’s a fantastic site.

Prashant Maru 
    Participant

U  doing so great.. Inspiring topics

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

©2015-2017 Doodlewash® | Privacy & Cookie Policy | Disclosure

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account