How to Add Emojis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Sharon Nolfi
    Participant
    @sharonnolfi

How do I add emojis to my comments on this site. I see others doing it, but I’m clueless how to do it.

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

🐦 🐦 🐦I go to Facebook and copy them, then come back here and paste.  I don’t always get the same emoji though, and I suspect there is an easier way to do it.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Sandra Strait.
    Sharon Nolfi
    Participant
    @sharonnolfi

I do like those bird heads! Thanks.

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Maybe we should cut and paste a bunch of emojis and keep them in this thread so we can grab them when we need them, lol.  I’m suspecting that some of the newer devices have a keyboard emoji.

Sharon Nolfi
    Participant
    @sharonnolfi

I’m hoping someone will come along and tell us an easier way!

Anonymous

👩‍🎨👨‍🎨🤣🤩 Just showing off here, and laughing to myself. I only learned how to do it yesterday thanks to friends on AT. What you need to do is call up the touchscreen keyboard (through settings if you can’t see the icon) and then to the left of the space bar is a smiley face. Click on that and voila!You are cooking on gas

Sharon Nolfi
    Participant
    @sharonnolfi

Rod, where are the settings? In my browser?

Sharon Nolfi
    Participant
    @sharonnolfi

😀 OK I found emojis in the “Edit” menu in Safari. But where is the touchscreen keyboard? Are you using a phone? Thanks. ☺️

Anonymous

Sharon, I am using a laptop and Windows 10. The settings are in the start menu icon shaped like a cogwheel.
    Actually, if you enter “typing emojis on pc” into Google it will explain better than I can. That also covers Macs

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I was able to find my touch screen – I had to go down my Start menu to Windows Ease of Access and choose On-Screen keyboard.  Unfortunately, said keyboard has no emoji icon, even though I do have Windows 10.  It’s a cheap PC though, so I just may not have that option. *sigh*  I shall have to continue living without emojis.

Anonymous

Check again Sandra. Immediately to the left of the space bar.

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

This is the only online keyboard I can find on my PC.  I check the options and couldn’t find anything that would change it.  About the only thing I could change was turning the NumLock on or off.

Anonymous

Don’t understand it. Can’t help anymore – or at all even!😪

Anonymous

To quickly access the keyboard from the taskbar on Windows 10, right-click the taskbar and ensure the “Show touch keyboard button” option in the context menu is enabled.

You’ll see a keyboard icon appear near your system tray, or notification area. Click that icon or tap it with your finger to pull up the on-screen keyboard.

Once you’ve opened the on-screen keyboard you will see he emoji button

Sharon Nolfi
    Participant
    @sharonnolfi

Thanks for all your help, Rod. I don’t use Windows, but I’ve found where emojis live in Safari on my Mac.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account