How To Earn DO Points

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Blanchard
    Participant
    @thomas

yes … DO points have created collectors.  Some like every post they can and have no work posted.  As Charlie said DO points are sort of a social experiment so it may hit the bin if the concept is abused.   One new member went back and liked 250+ posts I had made and I had site notifications on each one.

Peter Burns
    Participant
    @peter-burns

Thanks guys and gals, Time to put my latest painting up.

Jennifer McLean
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

Hmmm, that’s an interesting take on a friend request, I can see why you might think that Peter. I do friend requests so I’ll get more of their stuff and to be friendly. I always figure the more friends on a very specific subject like Doodlewash, the better. On facebook, not so much, lol. I love all artists and used to check out everyone’s art before ruquesting then one day I realized I always appreciate a friend request so why wouldn’t a new artist to doodlewash?

Jennifer McLean
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

LOL, thomas, I wouldn’t be surprised if you saw that from me weeks ago. I realized I hadn’t liked any post from any friend, I just hadn’t realized it was a “thing”. Everyone had liked etc my stuff and it made me feel “seen”. so one weekend I went and liked as many things as I could. I’m sure in those two days I totally maxed out my like points but I did it because I felt badly that I hadn’t realized it was a thing. I’m pretty dumb when it comes to social media, I can’t get my facebook page to work right to save my life. Please don’t assume just becasuse you get a bunch of likes from someone, that they’re not just trying to say “I see you” and “sorry I didn’t do this sooner”. :o)

Peter Burns
    Participant
    @peter-burns

Hi Jennifer, I understand your views but as in Facebook I collect fewer friends with closer interests. That way I see more art that I like and talk to people with similar interests. Too many friends means too much time on the computer instead of painting.

Cheers

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I always welcome and friend every new member I see on the same principle that calls for welcoming the new kid in class.  It’s saying hello, this is a friendly place. don’t hesitate to jump in.

Peter Burns
    Participant
    @peter-burns

“smiley face” Hello

Anonymous

On a related matter … What’s with the levels. Mine has just changed, what for? I don’t know, does it matter? probably not. Am I missing Jennifer’s thing? I don’t know. If points are an inducement to contribute I don’t really need them. If I were living in the States I could spend them on art stuff, but in the UK? Probably not. What I like is the flux of ideas and art work I see here, and I’m happy to contribute at a rate that suits me.

Jennifer McLean
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

Sandra, that’s exactly why I do it too. In fact, I never even knew we got points for that. I add friend requests to new people because I would feel lonely if no one wanted to friend me.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account