How To Use Site

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Blanchard
    Participant
    @thomas

I just decided to test if I left both images.  Only one uploaded.   I THINK I remember when I first started uploading my pieces it would give an error message that said only one image was allowed per upload. So there ya go …. a problem as clear as mud 🙂

MMcBuck
    Participant
    @mmcbuck

Thanks Thomas! That’s what I’ve been doing, drag and drop.

Anonymous

I’m trying to impose some order, and thought I’d create an album for last year and one for this year, and then retro fit my pics in there. Can’t seem to do it, but probably just me being dense! Can anyone push back the mists of ignorance for me?

Charlie O’Shields
    Keymaster
    @doodlewash

Hey Rod! The albums aren’t quite as intuitive as I would have liked. If you created an album and add photos immediately, it’s pretty straightforward, but takes a bit more effort after the fact. In order to add an existing image to an album, you need to view it in a feed (News Feed, Your Wall, etc). Then you’ll see an “Album” link under the image and you can choose which album you’d like to add it to. If you view your art via your Artwork tab (or even group gallery) and the media lightbox pops up, you can click the bar at the top with text and it will take you to the image’s original post in the feed and you can then see the Album link to add it. Hope that helps!

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

There are times when the site-feed is full, because lots of people are commenting or joining up, or whatever, and it can be difficult to find the new art that is posted or what you are looking for.  It just dawned on me that some people may not know there is an easy short-cut to filter what you see.  It can still be hard to find things like comments, but this is defnitely a tool that can make things easier.

Get to the site-wide news feed (Community/Site-Wide NewsFeed is the way I usually get there), and look at the top of the activities.

By default the choice is set to Everything.  Hit the arrows at the right and you can choose a filter.  If you choose updates, you see nothing but posted art and other updates.  You can choose to see only new members and so forth.  Be sure to change the filter back to ‘everything’ though, because this can limit what you see if you navigate to other areas of the site.

Mary Roff
    Participant
    @mary-roff

Thanks for this information Sandra!  That certainly does simplify things.

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

My pleasure.  I don’t know why I didn’t think to write it up before.

robert quiet photographer
    Participant
    @robertchevola

I tried to make an Album and it’s ok. But images do not appear in the Members Art Gallery.

I try a different way: first upload to the gallery (it’s ok) than go to my activity select the image an relate it to the Album. It works, now the image is both in the Album and in the gallery. But…

But if I do the same with a second image it works well, the second image is both in the gallery and in the Album, only problem is the image I  had previously uploaded disappear from the gallery (but still is in the Album).

Is this normal ? Or should I upload the images twice, one in the gallery and second time in the album?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestion

robert

Participant
    @robertchevola

I tried again today but with the described procedure the image disappear when I link it to an Album…

I guess the only way to have it both in there album and in the gallery is to make two different post…

robert

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Robert, if you scroll up a bit in this thread, I think your answer may already be here. Post 131182  explains how to add a painting that is in the gallery to an album.

Participant
    @robertchevola

Thanks Sandra for your reply, the problem is when following that procedure I add a photo to the Album it disappear from the gallery and is only in the album!

The image (rocks) I added today to the gallery and than linked to the album via the button album, as suggested  appears now in the album and under my activity but is no more in the gallery!

I tried to select the file or to drag it but no difference! I’ll try again tomorrow with a different file, maybe 🙂 Thanks again for your suggestion

robert

Anonymous

Perhaps the problem is the same as with the Portrait Forum. Try inserting a little bit of text between the images? It may not work but perhaps worth a go.

Charlie O’Shields
    Keymaster
    @doodlewash

Robert… sorry for my delay in jumping in on this one! End of World Watercolor Month and transition always slows me up a bit. I finally managed to test this and I think I’ve figured out the problem. It’s a bug. They changed it to remove the Album Privacy drop-down, but for some reason it’s defaulting to Private, so that’s why it disappears and the newly made albums aren’t public. I’m checking in to notify the developers of the bug and hope they’ll be able to provide a fix soon!

Participant
    @robertchevola

Thanks you all for suggestions, and thanks Charlie for your effort to understand and possibly solve it! I know you are very busy probably soon or later it will be fixed. It’s ok.

Relaxing to know I was not doing anything wrong!

Thanks again for your help and for this special community 🙂

robert

Eve McHugh “Sqwiffy”
    Participant
    @sq

Sorry if I’ve missed this answer somewhere. I’m not great on technology. I’m okay on reading Charlie’s posts, and adding my paintings for the gallery but the forums are foxing me. I added a painting and thought it would also go in my artwork but no. Did I do it wrong? Also I’m logged into the site but when I go on the forum to try and join in a thread it’s saying I need to be logged in?.I’m going round in circles!!Help.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account