Logic Behind my Travel Palettes, 1

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Kate, YES! A video on Primateks.  I’m getting the hang of them, but they work in such a different way than my norm, I know I’m not getting the best use of them.

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Jennifer, you definitely need to try Sawyer.  He’s even Canadian!

Kate, you might want to try him as well.  He isn’t an alien/spaceship kind of sci/fi writer.  More about the things science has learned about human nature.  The TV series Flash Forward (a few years back), was based off his book and dealt with how people would react if they could see a few seconds of their life 20 years in the future.  The TV show only lasted a short while because they tried to make it a conspiracy series.  Sawyer’s books are quiet – full of ideas.  In some ways, they are clumsy.  You can see that the publishers have insisted on some action and sometimes it seems tacked on.  Like many of the early Scifi writers, his characters can be a bit flat – they often represent all people rather than a discreet character.  But for me, it’s the ideas and the exploration of our society and basic emotions.  As I said, I almost always disagree with his conclusions, but I don’t care – it’s the very ideas he’s exploring that I find enchanting.

I should add a rider that some of his ideas and conclusions might well offend, especially if you are religious.  He doesn’t attack any religion but does explore why we are religious.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Sandra Strait.
    Jennifer McLean
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

Sandra, if anyone who read Heinlein wasn’t some how a little offended at something He said, I’d have to predict the reader  was dead, lol. So if Sawyer is anything like that kind of offensive, I’ll take it! I’ll go look for his books now…

Kate, I so agree about not being a sci fi reader but being a heinlein fan. I never did find any other writers that did it for me after the master, lol BUT I am so totally the girl to  come to for titles. You’re talking about I will fear no evil. Damn good book. Now I have a penchant to read a Heinlein. I so wish they’d all come on Kindle, I’d splurge and buy every one! I haven’t read “Friday” for a coon’s age, it’s my favorite. Gotta love a kick ass woman. ;o)

Ooh, I just looked, they’ve FINALLY converted a bunch of Heinlein’s to Kindle.YAYAYAYAY.

Kate Powell
    Participant
    @kate-powell

I’ve not got a kindle…. yup, old school for me.  But I have hung on to a box of fav paperbacks, and he is in there…

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account