NEW Schmincke Custom Palette By Wet Paint.

Watercolor Painting & Sketching Group, Community, and Blog Forums Art Supply Reviews NEW Schmincke Custom Palette By Wet Paint.

• Also, I forgot to say this, that she asked me to read a page on how to open and close the tin… I mean, come on!  No mention of replacing.  It felt a bit like man-splaining from a woman.

Sorry you are not happy… noone has said this to us (WetPaintArt has)… learn to use your tin.

If I’d had a good experience with the previous sets, I’d have done the same thing, tried to make sure everyone would hear about the chance to get a deal on some great paints. Sorry if it felt like you were being blamed for something that was completely out of your control.

I’ve been admiring your art and reading your blog for a long time, and I know if you’d had a full set of these paints to test, we’d have gotten a well balanced review and comparison to their previous sets.

Anonymous

I got 3 of the 4. I asked Charlie if new items would be added and he said “yes, but timeline not certain yet.”  I don’t see you on the leaderboard – are you still accumulating points?

thanks for that Paula, I certainly would have been able to comment on all the opaques which is not my style. I found that just the dots were totally inadequate for testing. I used up the entire potter’s pink dot just to do that round swatch at the top of this thread! I was amazed at that.

seriously? Learn to open your tin “right”? I mean, seriously? *smacks forehead* Yep, that’s the problem, I haven’t learned to open the tin right.

At last! My internet service went caput about two minutes after the last post I did here, and just came back about 1/2 hour ago.  Comcast has been upgrading their equipment and I hope they are DONE now.  I came back to another email from Birgit indicating that she will be sending me replacements soon.  I also received an email from Gary Lange, the National Sales Director for Chartpak, Inc. asking me to give him a call.  I did, and he told me that they believe the problems have been caused during shipping.  They had increased the number of tins being shipped together, and they think that the combined weight was causing damage to the tins at the bottom of the packages.  They are going to increase the layer between the tins and ship less tins per case for the second batch of this set.

I am still accumulating points, but purchasing the Da Vince set wiped out all the points I had, so I’m at the bottom of the pile for now.  It hasn’t helped that I lost my internet connection for over 24 hours.  Comcast has been working in the area and disconnected us all.  I’m hoping they are done now.

Thank you, Tonya!

Lisa, I did contact Schmincke and they are replacing both the tins and the Perylene Green.

I just picked up my package from the post office, and I’m not too happy with the box. I got the botanical set this summer, and this new box is obviously not the same standard.

There are “bumps” in the lid, chipped paint on the flap, and the whole box seems “wonky”. Not sure how to describe it any better. I emailed Wet Paint, so waiting for a reply now. The last photo shows my botanical set from this summer to the right, and the new wonky box to the left.

Sorry to hear that you’re one of the people who got a bad tin, Lisa.  I hope you like the colors.  The opinion on them has been sharply divided.

I got a very nice reply from Wet paint, and they are working on a solution with Schmincke. So I’m looking forward to get a replacement tin in december hopefully.

So, I have now made a quick test of the paints. Although the box itself was a dissapointment, the paints are (in my opinion) great.

This selection is not a normal starter box. I really really love the paints, but it’s like a bunch of special paints, those that you add in a box when you filled it with the basic ones first, and you have a few spots left.

So, would I have bought this box if I knew what I know now? Yes! I still love Schmincke paints, and the paints are great. Am I a pro in watercolor? Oh no, I’m merely a paint nerd, and I just love paint! In other words, one should not really listen to my advice anyway… 😀

I’ve been so impressed by the Wet Paint has handled the whole thing.  I plan to sing their praises every chance I get.

Your opinions have as much value as any pro’s. In fact, you might be closer to knowing what another paint nerd would like than a pro.  Sometimes, you can know too much about a subject and get overly picky, looking for the rare a& unusual, when the average person is looking for the basics or secondaries.  If I’ve learned anything from this thread, it isn’t about Schmincke or Wet Paint or any company – it is about how unique each of us is.  We have so much in common, all of us members in Doodlewash, but we still approach our art in our own way.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 230 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.