NEW Schmincke Custom Palette By Wet Paint.

This topic contains 229 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Kate Powell 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author
     Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

That tin is stunning! *makes sign of the evil eye to avert temptation* Soooo many things to want!  Sooooo little money to buy.

Lisa Sandboge 
    Participant
    @lisa-sandboge

Yeah I meant the tin was from an Akademie set.

I just got my new Akademie printed box, and posted a little review and photos of it in “Art supplies you use”. Should have been in the reviews section, but I’m obviously not smart like that… 😛

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

It gets confusing!  Sometimes, I’m trying to find a thread and I’m not sure which forum it’s in so I end posting whereever, lol.

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I heard back from Birgit this morning, and the replacement tin I received IS the one that will be used for the second shipment of this 125 Anniversary Limited Edition.  I’ve added the photo a second time, so everyone doesn’t have to scroll to find it.

Lisa Sandboge 
    Participant
    @lisa-sandboge

Oh! That is indeed good news! I was expecting a similar flimsy box but with a little less chipped paint… This will be a much better replacement!

So far, I think Schmincke and Wetpaint have handled this absolutely perfectly. I have emailed Schmincke (and Birgit!) myself with questions a few times before, and I always get a very nice response.

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I’ve been impressed all around. Good customer service is an endangered species and I’ll go a long way to support it!

Jennifer McLean 
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

holy cow, that’s awesome!

Sarah O 
    Participant
    @sarah

I was able to get one of the last of the first shipment before they had to open the pre-orders again. The colors are amazing! It’s also my first set of Schmincke paints. It’s crazy but I’m looking forward to seeing what their next limited edition set will be. 😀

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

And overall the tin is a much better make.  Heavier metal and it’s well put together.

Lisa Sandboge 
    Participant
    @lisa-sandboge

Oops, I didn’t see this post! Yeah Van Gogh can be found quite cheaply here, so that might be an option! I’ll give it some thought, and keep it as it is for the moment… also my wallet needs to recover a bit before buying anything but bread and milk, sort of… 😀

Hels Williamson 
    Participant
    @hels-williamson

The yellow orange is actually PY110 and not PY153. I contacted Schmincke about it being PY153 as that’s supposed to be a discontinued pigment. The reply I was given indicated that it was a label misprint and wouldn’t be corrected for some time.

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Thank you, Hels.  That is good to know!  I like the color either way, but I like to swatch and label and it’s nice to have the correct information for that.

vicki ross 
    Participant
    @vickilou92

Hey, Ms. Kate! We are gonna have to quit meeting like this! ha!

Sharon Nolfi 
    Participant
    @sharonnolfi

I received a 12 half-pan set of Schminke watercolors for Christmas. My initial reaction is that I don’t like these paints – they seem so much duller than Daniel Smith and Da Vinci. I swatched them out and only like 2 of the colors. I’ll post more after my hand heals and I can actually paint.

I received the special collection that came out in October – the palette has problems. My daughter bought it from FineArts America, through Amazon (US$69). I’m going to complain directly to Schminke. I’ve corresponded with their rep before when I requested the dot card of the newest paints and she was helpful.

Jennifer McLean 
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

sounds like a great idea Sharon. So many of us had problems with the tin, it being wonky, having paint chips, Sandra even had troubles with one or two of her colors. Make sure you complain and get at least another tin! The tins bought at wet paint just came in to replace t he wonky ones, hopefully Schmincke will send yours ASAP. Schmincke will probably have a new custom set out in the Spring with very different colors than this set.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 230 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account