NEW Schmincke Custom Palette By Wet Paint.

Watercolor Painting & Sketching Group, Community, and Blog Forums Art Supply Reviews NEW Schmincke Custom Palette By Wet Paint.

• I like the set, but I don’t think I’d want it for my first set unless you are looking for unusual colors.  This is my first set of Schmincke, but you might look for some of their earlier sets if its the tin you’re after.  I know the people in this thread could probably give you some good recommendations.

it’s so cool what you did with the jackson’s square palette. Does that one come with a porcelain insert? I think I saw that and thought it was so cool as I love working on porcelain. If I was independently wealthy I’d be such a hoarder. I want to try them all. It is fun watching you guys try out your new palettes though. I live vicariously through you. :o)

thats great to hear Kate!

me too, that applies to all of you! Let’s see some art with the new colors!

Sharon, if you (or anyone else for that matter) is interested, I dropped Cobalt Azure from the set into Serpentine Genuine and Piemontite Genuine.  I have those in watercolor stick form and I don’t think they granulate quite as well.  I think that color works really well with the Primateks, though it isn’t one of the opaque colors.

Besides the birch trees I did, I did a seal using some the new colors.

that looks great sandra. Lovely colors!

Thank you!

I will just send you some.  I have paper coming out of my ears.  I’m going to try the private message feature here on Doodlewash, to test it out, and you can send me your address 🙂

Hi Susan,

There is a huge reason why there’s such excitement over these sets. One, the tin is the best on the market in thickness of metal etc and the square palette that holds 18 officially but 21 without modification is really rare and only offered every 5 years or so. Also, if you take the price of any good tin out, (about $40) then you’re getting top grade paint for about $2.50 per pan. Even though some are opaque, you’re still getting amazing paint for a truly amazing price. Normally a half pan of paint is $12.

Please know that they probably will not have this square set again anytime soon and the price will probably go up significantly next year. That’s directly from Wet Paint.

Thanks Jennifer!  I’d thought I might try it because I’ve never used pan paints, nor have I ever tried Schminke paints. But today I received some mini pans in the mail (Thanks Doodlewash!) so I have some tins for travelling…… I don’t NEED any more paint at present. (Hahahahahahahahahah! WWIT?) But thanks for sharing the info with me. Since I seldom travel, a travel palette isn’t essential, so I’ll just test out the travel tins I have, and this way I have some money for those paints I don’t need…. 😉

hehehe, that’s what I had to realize too. I couldn’t afford to get the palette either. It would have been wonderful to participate but one has to play in one’d budget. Good for you for not hoarding paint!

did you get them Thomas?? Are you thrilled?

Love your seal Sandra!

Okay, I have my pan set in hand.   This pan is bad.  Enamel chipping, doesn’t close properly, and you can see why — pics later — as the hinges are not hinged properly!

Jenn, don’t feel bad, but I already gave a call to Chartpak… not god news, as curotmer service didn’t know what Anniversay Schminkce pan I was talking about.  I wrote to Schminke.

I wanted to use the paints today but don’t know what to do…

My note to Schminke:

“I am so disappointed. My first time buying your watercolor set (the anniversary set) and the pan is chipped inside and hinges falling apart. Another artist is having the same problem — so I am not encouraged that this is a one off, which means that you put good paints in a terrible pan.
    I can’t simply return it because the store is out of them (unless I just go for a refund but I’d like to resolve this positively.)
    I contacted Chartpak but they do not seem to know what I am talking about — which is a pretty big deal as they are your USA distributors.
    I will hold off on my review until I hear from you.
    Best, Kate”

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 230 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.