Painting in the shadow

This topic contains 34 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Sandra Strait 1 year ago.

• Author
     Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Thank you!

Jennifer McLean 
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

that’s SO NOT cheating. anything you do to get the effects you want is fair game!!

Pamela Smith 
    Participant
    @pamela-smith

Great info,now if I would just follow it and stop fussing with it,,argghh..thank you.

Annie Unwin 
    Participant
    @annie-unwin

These are all wonderful tips and I have used them myself. One thing I learned when I started taking watercolor classes is to under-paint. What that means is you lay in a light color to begin your painting….the violets, blues, yellow-orange depending on what you are painting. Kate’s suggestion of putting down shadows first is a good one and I do this most of the time with great success. The main thing to remember: IT’S ONLY PAPER and you can always repaint.

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Good advice, Annie!

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account