Qor Mini Tin Palette

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Tina Marie 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     Susan Cuss 
    Participant
    @susan-cuss-1

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I need one of these like I need a hole in the head, but I really, really want one!

Susan Cuss 
    Participant
    @susan-cuss-1

I do, too, but I spent all my art money for a while stocking up on supplies. Figures they’d bring it out after all my cash is spent! sigh

Charlie O’Shields 
    Keymaster
    @doodlewash

Agreed! These look adorably awesome!! I was so excited to be able to give a few away this month! (Hope you’ve entered!!)

Mary Roff 
    Participant
    @mary-roff

The colors are sooo luscious!!    Just looking at my collection of various paints, palettes and paraphernalia yesterday and thinking…I need no more.   But then I realized “need” has nothing to do with it. hehehe.  Boy, oh boy, do I ever want one of those tins.  Going to save my pennies for this one.

Shar Kennett 
    Participant
    @shar-kennett

I enjoy using my Qor set.  The mini travel set would be awesome.

Karen Howard 
    Participant
    @karen-howard

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Yes, I also need it like a hole in the head And really really want it.  I am in love with Qor watercolors. I have all their sets.</p>

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Karen Howard.
     Susan Cuss 
    Participant
    @susan-cuss-1

I have one of their 6-tube sets, plus some other colours I purchased. Love them. The tin is a perfect size for turning it into a large pan palette. Mine is 4″ x 6″ and is white inside and the lid has wells for mixing paint. It’s not a hinged lid, though.

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I have a couple of the larger sets with the hinged lid and the smaller one without a hinge.  I’ve turned them all into pan palettes.

Kate Powell 
    Participant
    @kate-powell

My experience with the QoR palettes is they didn’t hinge them properly so if you used the wells for mixing the pan flipped… I’ll be curious to hear if they fixed that.

Kate Powell 
    Participant
    @kate-powell

Also, I think that there may be misinformation here.  Golden (who makes QoR) creates many products for conservation. Aquazol® is a binder and adhesive used in the conservation industry (not made by Golden.)  When Golden decided to create their watercolors, they used that as a binder.  Mark Golden has won an honorarium for his work in other mediums in the conservation field, but I do not consider QoR a conservation paint… Never heard that, and don’t think it is any more true than Windsor Newton or other very good watercolors…  Our business is conservation.

Karen Howard 
    Participant
    @karen-howard

They did apparently fix the lid hinge problem, I finally got the mini set…I lovvvve it AND am having no problem mixing in the lid. It’s stable.

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I’ve had all three sizes and never had a problem with them flipping.  The largest size does bounce a bit (I’ve had two of those), but I think that’s because of size.  The medium size isn’t hinged.

Tina Marie 
    Participant
    @tina-marie

Me too!!!😁😁😁

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account