Rendering of complex imaginary buildings – does anybody use 3D software

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dominik Neuffer 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     Dominik Neuffer 
    Participant
    @dominik-neuffer

Hi there,

I think my “problem” is quite particular. Currently I’m also doing concept sketches and I’d like to visualize some imaginary buildings. Also probably from extreme viewpoints not easily to do with real objects.

Also I don’t really fancy to use my rulers and build the whole perspective on my desk by hand.

I discovered a technique that is used in anime production: Rendering a model in the computer and then use it for tracing, adding other elements directly by hand for the beautiful backgrounds.

Also I like the idea of building my world with virtual brick and mortar and then going on a virtual sketchcrawl. Well, I’ve done 3d graphics over a decade ago and am completely out of business.

So, does anybody anything similar, I’m open for suggestions.

This is something I did around 2006. I used it as a quick illustration to see whether the concept works and how the shadows would look. Later I built a part of the cityscape in a different program and had it rendered in 3d.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account