Share your favorite pen & ink drawings

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Susan Cuss
    Participant
    @susan-cuss-1

Wonderful sketches Sandra! I love the cat.

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

This is another Zebra Z-grip pen work that I did while in the waiting room at the Doctor’s Office.

Anonymous

That’s terrific Sandra. I’m impressed with your use of straight lines to convey organic shapes. Worried about your health though, that mansion looks like it’s for the high jump, hope that’s not your health😘

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Lol, Rod!

My mother was in for  a hearing test and I did this based off a photo in National Geographic.  I love hatching, finding it very relaxing.  In fact, I love it so much that a few years back, I wrecked my wrist from overuse.  I still hatch, but I limit how much I do for fear of messing up my wrist again. So, I guess that is a health concern, but one with a wonderful result – I got into watercolor, because it uses a different motion and is easier on the arm muscle.

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I’ve been doing quite a few fineliner pen drawings of dogs for my hubby’s lunch bag postcards.

Anonymous

Oh Sandra, you should have had that puppy in a cup for the cute prompt. It’s adorable!

Kate Powell
    Participant
    @kate-powell

This is stunning… I know what you mean abotu hatching… mine is the earth symbol, could do it for days…

Kate Powell
    Participant
    @kate-powell

Glad you did this, as I use pen and ink quite like I use watercolor but haven’t posted them because, well, watercolor!

Kate Powell
    Participant
    @kate-powell

Using linework and ink washes watercolor style!

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Thank you, Rod! When I saw the reference photo on Pixabay, I knew I had to draw it.

Anonymous

That’s terrific Kate Powell

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Kate, as much as I love watercolor, I’ve never found it to relax me the way drawing does.  It was Charlie’s idea to start up this forum and I think it’s a wonderful idea!

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

This is marvelous, Kate! The monochromatic color scheme really gives it a feeling of atmosphere.

Charlie O’Shields
    Keymaster
    @doodlewash

Adore this Kate! Love how much color it seems to have though monochromatic!

Kate Powell
    Participant
    @kate-powell

I draw a LOT, and when I found this Bright Ideas colored paper book, I started drawing so many memories of objects.  It was especially helpful as I have no kids, and so many of these items are getting sold or given to friends.  But I can keep the memory of them… If you want to  peruse what I’ve done so far go to my journal page: https://dkatiepowellart.me/portfolio-2/bright-ideas-journal-one/

I usually use the Platinum Carbon pen with its amazing waterproof cartridges…  But also use DeArtramentic Document, and Super5 inks, both waterproof.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Kate Powell.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account