Share your favorite pen & ink drawings

This topic contains 103 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Anneli Tre 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author
     Teri Casper 
    Participant
    @teric

I’m using the little picture icon and when I click on it, it says ‘source’ and then just sits there. Won’t take me to my photos and it won’t paste.  What the heck?

please explain how you are doing it

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  Teri Casper.
     Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Teri, it sounds like you are doing it right.  I use the mountain icon and I do get a ‘Please wait’ but it goes away after a few seconds.

The size does seem to have something to do with how long the ‘Please Wait’ sits there, but it should clear so you may have another problem. Are you uploading from a phone or tablet? I’m on a laptop, so that might make a difference.

Charlie O’Shields 
    Keymaster
    @doodlewash

Yeah the Forum using a different uploading engine and seems to work best with images that aren’t too large (under 1mb)… I tested it and images that are larger do seem to hang up a bit. Might try a smaller image and and see if the problem still occurs. And yes to Sandra’s questions… do let me know if you’re on desktop or mobile! Thanks!!

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

You are just too quick, Charlie.  I was going to report the problem once I had the information about desktop or mobile!

Teri Casper 
    Participant
    @teric

I’m on my iPad and yes, I’m sure the size is way too big and I don’t know how to reduce it. Just my luck because I seem to remember years ago when I was on WordPress I could not upload from my iPad and then later on I could.

Thanks to both of you for your help.

Guess I’ll go do some watercolor 😄

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Teri, does your iPad have a Gallery or some place where you can look at all your photos? My Samsung tablet lets me open photos from the gallery and then do some basic editing, including changing the size and saving it as a separate photo.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  Sandra Strait.
     Charlie O’Shields 
    Keymaster
    @doodlewash

hehe!! Yay, of course to doing watercolor! One little hack on an iPad or iPhone is to send the image via email to yourself… this should then give you options to select  “Large” instead of “Actual Size” before you send. You can also try “Medium,” but probably not Small as that’s too small. Then you can get a smaller image to post. 😉

Teri Casper 
    Participant
    @teric

iPad editing is only for colors, etc.

i am at the smallest at 42.7 kB

what would be the constraint proportions?

gee, I feel like a pest.

Charlie O’Shields 
    Keymaster
    @doodlewash

Not at all! Anything under a 1mb should be fine… there aren’t really constraints other than larger files can take longer on some platforms. That shouldn’t be a problem, then… not sure why it would hang so long on loading. I’ll have to test it out… I’m mostly on desktop and that seems to work just fine.

Bekki Page 
    Participant
    @bekki-page

Thanks for adding this group!

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I hope you’ll post some of your pen & ink work, Bekki!

Bekki Page 
    Participant
    @bekki-page

Working on it–still figuring out the new mobile after switching brands earlier this week 😉

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Oh, figuring out how new stuff works is always fun – not, lol! I hope it’s easy to learn.

Anonymous

Resilient

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Oh wow! Rod, this drawing is incredible.  I love the way you’ve contoured the lines to give form and energy to the piece.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account