Studio Voyeurs (Share your desk!)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer McLean
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

Lovely office Daniel, isn’t it wonderful to have all your stuff around you and organized?

Beverly Wong-Kleinjan
    Participant
    @beverly-remco-kleinjan

I’m enjoying these so much! Thanks for sharing! Your work spaces looks so lovely and organized. Mine is a disaster at present – hopefully remedy that soon!

I’ll dare to share mine when I get a chance; it’s just uber crazy right now at work.

Daniel MacBride
    Participant
    @daniel-macbride

It sure is! I find my creativity flows better if I have everything within easy reach and don’t have to stop whatever I’m doing to go hunting for something I need to use. Although I know my son would call my studio “organised chaos” rather than just “organised” lol! He has a point, sometimes it looks messy but I always know exactly where everything is and can find it in no time flat 🙂

Beverly Wong-Kleinjan
    Participant
    @beverly-remco-kleinjan

Here’s my little space, shoved in a corner of our study. Right now, I mostly paint at work on my lunch break in my sketchbook… but when I paint bigger, I do them at my desk here in the evenings after work (in the dark) so I need my LED lights, obviously.

I’d love a lighter space. Also, a better desk — this is just an old repurposed fiber-board one that I’ve had since I was a kid (it literally sags in the middle, haha!), which I covered with an upside down cutting mat for now, to hide its ugliness. Hubby is hoping to create a nice countertop and storage space for me, one of these days.

workspace1

workspace2

Pamela Smith
    Participant
    @pamela-smith

I think it is a lovely space,nice lighting and all you need to create..

Beverly Wong-Kleinjan
    Participant
    @beverly-remco-kleinjan

Thanks Pamela! It definitely isn’t ideal, but it’s my favourite spot to be. 🙂

Violeta Damjanovic-Behrendt
    Participant
    @violeta_damjanovic-behrendt

It’s so nice and cosy, Beverly! Remember, every time you add an additional working table or spot in your studio, you’re going to use it. In the end, it doesn’t matter what is the capacity of your space, as it will all get full in a mo. I’m constantly decluttering my studio, dreaming of minimalism and fighting with my consumerisms.

The most important think is to accept your space as is and make it work for you.

Participant

Here are some photos of my painting studio. Tables are always full of papers, art magazines, paintings, tapes, art supplies. Each piece of furniture comes from different decade, belonging to different style, made of different materials, in different colors. There is an expression in German that can be translated like: one dog  from each village (ger: aus jedem Dorf einen Hund)! I’m calling it – my patchworked studio 🙂

Painting corner

The painting table is large and very comfortable for painting in parallel. There are two small tables on each side of the central table, which carry art supplies.

This is on the left side of the central painting table. I’m keeping here my watercolor paints classified in painting boxes.

On the right of the painting table is oil painting area (with some canvases) and my

Home office! Sometimes I’m too busy with my regular job and do not have time for painting at all.

https://doodlewash.com/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/127514/2q4jrvhbb0j07es5lmiwex8ck2mbycar.jpg

Another corner of the studio – here is the paper storage area. And finally – some of my favorite art books and a collection of watercolor magazines 🙂

Photos taken on one very ordinary day in my studio. I can make it more appealing, but it will require 3 days of arranging things that I’m going to destroy after 15 minutes of enjoying the space. Hope you like it as is 🙂

Pamela Smith
    Participant
    @pamela-smith

Very nice,Violeta…a place for everything…

Sharon Nolfi
    Participant
    @sharonnolfi

What a wonderful space!

Participant

Thank you, Pamela. Thank you, Sharon.

I like it very much. I’ll be traveling for the rest of this week and already missing my studio 🙂

Jennifer McLean
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

Beverly, I think yours looks so sweet. I noticed the palette done on a plate with paint all around the edge, do you find that works well or do you prefer your metal palettes? Anna Mason recommends the plate method but I’ve never done it.

Jennifer McLean
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

Oh Violeta, I love your studio.  Not only do I so covet your SPACE but I love that you can put your paints in color order. I just don’t have the space. I noticed the three black carts, don’t you LOVE those? I have a turquoise one and could use two more at least!

Jennifer McLean
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

I’ll be moving my ” studio” space just after Christmas!! YAY. I’v truly outgrown the living room corner and I’ll be taking over the large dining room table that we don’t use. I’ll move it into a large bedroom and set up a book case etc. I hope to be able to start doing little videos so I need more space! I can’t wait!

Participant

Hi Jennifer, the tree black ones are “Neutral Tint” by Schmincke (782); colour is rather soft violet-grey. Neutral Tint pigment has a special place in my pallet and I keep the paints separated from other colours in order to have a good insight in the quantity. I think I cannot live without Neutral Tint 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account