The Giant Introduction Thread Of Doomydoomdoom. (Or just introductions.)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Respect? Dobie woulda wanted it, but Maynard wouldn’t know what to do with it, lol.

Anonymous

Nice one, Sandra!

Saswati Misra
    Participant
    @saswati-misra

Dear Friends,

I am Saswati (Sash) presently living in Farmingtonhills, Detroit. I am from India and off course passionate (rather crazy) about art and love to learn. I got introduced to this beautiful world of Doodlewash through Charlie as I surprisingly got an offer to feature my works. That was an wonderful experience!! I found some lovely people here with whom I already acquainted but frankly speaking the introduction was needed! So this is a good way to mingle…

I hope to get to know you all shortly…Oh and did I tell you all that I am not a lady of words so pardon my short introductory passage. I wish to continue the thread further!!

Best Regards to Everybody…

Happy Painting

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Thirty homes! I’vepractically got roots. I have lived in 7 homes, but mostly been within a 10-mile radius!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Sandra Strait.
    Tammy Hickey
    Participant
    @tammy-hickey

Hello, My name is Tammy.  I just chanced upon Doodlewash. I learned how to paint watching Bob Ross and Alexander many,many years ago. Acrylic became my paint of choice and I started selling my art on ebay for 3 years. That was around the year 2000. I did that for 3 years but due to financial burdens I had to go get a paying job. I found I no longer had time to paint and more or less quit for 13 years. This last year I’ve had a renewed interest in it and have become quite fond of watercolor techniques and pen and ink. (Still learning these). Having found a wealth of painting tutorials on YouTube, I’m painting again with abandonment! Some of my favorite YouTube Artists are Steve Mitchell and Peter Shiller.  My art is popular with my co-workers which was really quite strange to me but anyway, stopped by here to unite with artists who also share the love of paint. I am well into my later years of life and painting is very relaxing although I still work also at my full-time job. That’s about it.

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Hello Tammy! Glad you made it here.

Tammy Hickey
    Participant
    @tammy-hickey

Thanks, Looks like a big place. Hope I get the time to get the hang of it all. 😀

Charlie O’Shields
    Keymaster
    @doodlewash

Aww thanks so much, Mary! 😊 It’s my pleasure! This community rocks!! Such a fun group!

Charlie O’Shields
    Keymaster
    @doodlewash

DO it! DO it! hehe… I’m loving my sepia ink! Such a wonderful combo with watercolor.

Charlie O’Shields
    Keymaster
    @doodlewash

Welcome Tammy! So thrilled you found our big little community here! Hope you’ll have a blast!

Anonymous

Friends, I’m Sharon and I’ve lived my entire life in the Los Angeles metro area. I’ve lived in the city, at the beach, and now in the suburbs. I’m a retired lawyer and part-time freelance writer. I painted in oils in high school and studied art history at UCLA.

Four years ago, when I retired from the practice of law, I started taking drawing and painting classes at a local community college. I love drawing with graphite, pen and ink, and colored pencils. I like watercolor, but need to focus on improving my skills.

I’ve been fortunate to travel a lot, including to many parts of the US and Canada. Vancouver and Vancouver Island, Portland, and Seattle are among my favorites (hello doodlewashers from those places).

I love the outdoors and nature, road trips to national and state parks, hiking, the ocean, writing, poetry, music, and of course, art. I’m married to a software designer and have 2 grown children. I’m a product of  the clueless ’50s and the mind-blowing ’60s. I guess that makes me an aging boomer with a hippie heart.

Kate Powell
    Participant
    @kate-powell

I so will weigh in… CRAZY busy, deadlines, three.

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Hello Sash, and welcome to this thread!  I sorry I missed your post earlier.

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Howdy, fellow ‘aging boomer with a hippe heart’!  Anyone who knows who Dobie Gillis is, is all right by me, lol.  I’m glad you joined in the introductions.  Elizabeth had a great idea!

Anonymous

Sandra, somehow I knew you were a fellow traveller! I agree, this topic is great.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account