The Giant Introduction Thread Of Doomydoomdoom. (Or just introductions.)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Saswati Misra
    Participant
    @saswati-misra

Dear Sandra,

So nice to hear from you and I just simply love your artworks…

It’s nice to know more about you here….

BRs

Sash

Susan Cuss
    Participant
    @susan-cuss-1

Hi everyone. I’m Susan, Sue, or Suz, and I too am a craft/art-aholic, even though I never took art in school. I knit, garden, tat, create music, sing, bead, sew, embroider, do cross-stitch, stumpwork, rug hooking, wool sculpture, needle felting, writing, stamping, crazy quilting, painting in acrylics and watercolours. Born and raised in Toronto, Ontario, I  have lived in several places in Ontario since, usually in the boonies, until the last few years.

I first became interested in painting oils in the 80’s when I took a night school class. After several years, I began watercolours, but then life got in the way, and, with autoimmune illnesses, retirement, moving, building a house, and another move, this time to a city, watercolours had become only an occasional past-time.

I signed up for a class with Angela Fehr, as, over the decade+ of not painting regularly, my skills had deteriorated, and I had become dissatisfied with my results. One of her postings included a link to Doodlewash. Checking it out, I spotted  the World Watercolor Month Challenge in July, and dared myself to participate. I met the challenge and I thoroughly enjoyed myself! I began painting more often, and then I took the October Challenge. I’m now painting almost every day when possible. I’ve seen an improvement in my work, and rediscovered an interest in w/c and ink.

Thanks to Charlie and the wonderful group here, my love for watercolouring has been re-ignited, and I’m having lots of fun!

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Glad to learn more about you, Suasn! I’ve been enjoying your work over the past couple of months.

Kaye Boggs
    Participant
    @kaye-boggs

I’ve read all the other introductions to which I can only respond, “me too, me too” to all the various artistic techniques and crafts I’ve ventured into over the many years I’ve been painting. (If I told you how long, then you might figure out how old I am.) My daughter refers to my artistic background as them “My Mother’s Phases) Let’s just say I’ve done it all, including having a calligraphy business. I was born in upstate Ticonderoga, NY and moved with my family to Orlando, Florida when I was 9 yrs old and then we travelled back and forth from places in New York from summer to winter in Florida where I eventually attended Rollins College in Winter Park. I moved to the east coast of Florida when I first married and since then have lived in Nashua, NH and Virginia Beach, VA when my husband was transferred with companies he worked for. We have always returned here to live a few blocks from the ocean on the central East Coast of Florida.
    That’s enough about me without writing a book! Mary and I might try to meet up next year at the Florida Watercolor Society annual conference.
    I’m glad I found this site and enjoy daily visits with other artists and reading Charlie’s daily posts..

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

It’s nice to know more about you, Kaye! I’ve really been enjoying your paintings.

Mary Roff
    Participant
    @mary-roff

Kaye, look forward to meeting you at the Florida Watercolor Society convention!

Pamela Smith
    Participant
    @pamela-smith

I am Pamela and I am happy to have discovered the doodlewash community.i have always done all things fiber sewing,quilting,knitting,spinning,weaving(loom and tapestry)some jewelry making.I still do all of those things.,but about 3 years ago I decided I wanted to try drawing so I picked a pencil and a pad and started.terrible as it was I loved doing it,I have a wonderful family and they were all encouraging.,then came colored pencils,watercolor pencils,watercolor,pastels,oil paints,acrylic,yeah I always want to try it all,you know to be fair..through it all it was watercolor that I really wanted to be good at.I have done a few pieces that I have been pleased with and know that practice,and more practice is the road to go..I decided to commit to the November Challenge to insure a daily watercolor practice,the interactment and comments of this community have been very nice.

i appreciate this place,Charlie’s blog and all the people..Many Thanks.

Kaye Boggs
    Participant
    @kaye-boggs

thank you Sandra. I’ve enjoyed your art postings as well and the knowledge you bring to this site.

Jennifer McLean
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

but damn, I can pack well!! Hehehe.

Jennifer McLean
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

Ya, too bad we all can’t give Charlie a big round of applause! Hello hello Canadian!

Jennifer McLean
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

that’s pretty darn Cool Kay that you do professional calligraphy. I’m just starting into lettering. Love it but lots of practice, lefty here!

Jennifer McLean
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

Pamela I can so relate to trying everything but the thing you really want to be good at, lol. Finally to be doing what I really love is such a relief

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Saswati, skimming through the posts here, I saw one from you that I believe I missed back in November.  It was not on purpose, but I apologize anyway! Thank you for the lovely compliment!

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I entered a giveaway on Facebook where I had to leave a memory, and mine was of the time when I was five years old and sick (mumps, I think).  I knew my father would bring me a gift when he came home from work because he always did when we were sick, but I wasn’t expecting a live baby lion.  The mother had rejected her, so we raised her for six months.  The hostess of the giveaway asked if I had any photos.  I did have one, and I thought you might enjoy seeing it here, as well.

In those days, it was big enough news that the Portland Journal ran an article.  This was Duchess, our first.  We took in several other lion and tiger babies, a couple of cougars and once some bears (who didn’t live long, unfortunately), over the years.  I tell ya, I had the best show’n’tell at school, ever.

Susan Cuss
    Participant
    @susan-cuss-1

I bet you did, Sandra! What a wonder-filled time you must have had growing up with all these critters! A great learning experience, too, no doubt. Perhaps those experiences fostered your love for and continuing interest in all  creatures, expressed so well in your wonderful art.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account