The Giant Introduction Thread Of Doomydoomdoom. (Or just introductions.)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Thank you, Susan! I think having the animals and getting to see things behind the scenes at the Zoo and listening to my father’s stories, did foster a love for animals that continues to this day.

Jennifer McLean
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

I saw that old photo of you with your dad, it must have been awesome to learn about all those animals. Are there any you don’t like?

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

It was awesome! Everyone wanted to be my friend so they could come and play with the lions and tigers, lol. I’m really not fond of chimpanzees.  By and large, they are not nice animals.  There are lots of others that I like fine – from a distance.  Even with the lions and tigers, after they were about 3 months old, I spent most of my time on top of the table, because they were starting to figure out that they could knock me over, and they they thought that was so much fun.

Anonymous

What an image Sandra! You atop the table, and the lion cub with that smile of certainty, “I can take you!”  Having just finished an American novel about yet another serial killer, this was the perfect antidote. Thank you.

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I’m glad the photo brightened your day, Rod.  You are so right about the lion – they learned very quickly that little girls squeaked when bit and that they could knock her down.  Lion cubs live for stuff like that!

Anonymous

Brilliant!

Jennifer McLean
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

glad to read all about you Susan, I now feel more like I know you. Isn’t is amazing how much all of us is alike? I think a love of making art must be the thing that changes the inner being of people.

Jennifer McLean
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

Hehehe, interesting to hear you don’t like chimps much either. They’ve always been one of my least favorite when others seem to love them. Now penguins, those are funny. But then I’ve always loved birds and after having a parrot for 15 years I truly appreciate their smartness.

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Penguins are a hoot.  I haven’t been around parrots that much, but we used to have a cockatiel.

Anonymous

A cocktail sounds good on Christmas Eve Sandra!🍸🍸🍸🐓

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Hmmmm, Rod, a Christmas Cocktail with a Cockatiel.  Sounds like a Christmas story just waiting to be written.  Good excuse to have cocktails – so I can see how the story ends.  Now if I can just find a cockatiel…

Jennifer McLean
    Participant
    @jennifer-mclean

Cockatiels count! Gorgeous little parrot, all parrots are so loving and adorable and SMART.

Erich von Hasseln
    Participant
    @erich

Hi everyone, thought I’d share some of my background. I graduated a few years ago with my masters in drawing and printmaking which, unbeknownst to me, was preparation to become what else but a career sailor! I currently live and work aboard a replica 17th century tall ship. For the past couple years I have lived in New York City, Maryland, and Delaware. When I transitioned into this life, I left my studio behind and began mostly working in my sketchbook. I love ink and watercolor techniques and hope to post some of the drawings soon. I’ve left art as a career mostly behind me or at least in haitus, but I’m happy to be able to sketch when I can. I’m also happy I found this online community. I was looking for a online sketch / watercolorist community for a while!

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Erich, it sounds like you’re living a real adventure! I’m glad you found your way here.

Charlie O’Shields
    Keymaster
    @doodlewash

Wow! That does sound like an awesome adventure, Erich! Cool! Thrilled you found Doodlewash and our little community. Can’t wait to see what you’ll post!! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account