The Giant Introduction Thread Of Doomydoomdoom. (Or just introductions.)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Fefe S
    Participant
    @fefetea

Heyo! I’m Fearn, otherwise known as Fefe/Feff, and I’m fairly newish to watercolours. Not new to the medium but new to taking it seriously so thought I’d get myself into this lovely community after lurking around the site.

I work a day job as an Analyst (which overlaps a little with data science) but outside of that I’m a (kinda) professional comic artist working mostly in black and white, as I find the realm of digital colour is restricting in how you can use any colour whatsoever. A limited palette feels, ironically, more free to experiment with colour. I’ve been wanting to pick up watercolour to get back to comfort with traditional art and colour pieces!

Pleased to meet you all!

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Glad to have you here and looking forward to seeing your work.  Your background should give you an interesting perspective on art!

Kate Powell
    Participant
    @kate-powell

Hey Erich do you have a blog?  I’d love to see your sketches!

Mélissa Vallée
    Participant
    @melissa-vallee

After one year of watching silently the forum and the website. I think it’s time that I introduce myself lol.

I am Mélissa, I live at Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Québec a town at like 30 ~ 35 minutes of Montréal. I am french with a really rusted english, so I am really sorry for the grammar fault I can make or weird phrasing.

I really love video games, making/sewing plushies, painting, drawing, animals, nature and I am really shy (sometimes it’s really crippling) but I am working on it 🙂

I am a beginner in watercolor which I found to really love when I have taken a full-time art class/project the last years. Still learning some of the bases and all, the long pauses I have taken from the last year World Watercolor Month (Mainly because of my shyness and all) Didn’t help with the improvement I have made, but I am really decided to not stop this time.

I think it’s all… And I am really happy to be part of this wonderful and fun community that Charlie create… Even if I don’t talk often lol.

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

It’s nice to know you better, Mélissa.  I know shyness can be hard to overcome and I’m glad you decided to introduce yourself.  The work you posted a few days ago was great, and I hope you’ll share more.  There’s no pressure though – it’s perfectly fine to just enjoy what others have posted.

Charlie O’Shields
    Keymaster
    @doodlewash

I’m SO thrilled you’re part of this wonderful community Mélissa! And so happy to know more about you! Can’t wait to see what you post next! Your work is wonderful and not reason to feel shy about it. I post whatever I manage each day and some are better than others. The fun is always in the painting and just showing up to make whatever you can. And also importantly… yay for video games!! hehe!! Philippe and I love them as well!! He bought me a Nintendo Switch for my birthday and I’ve only played it once… it became his present instead! 😉 lol

Anonymous

Welcome Melissa. I am also a person of few words, but I love looking at other people’s work. Go well.

Shar Kennett
    Participant
    @shar-kennett

Just found this thread and going through it.  Enjoying how many people have so many artsy/craftsy interests.

@sandra-strait
    :  Wow!   I would have loved to have the experiences you did with all those creatures; would have tried to become a veterinarian for sure.

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Shar,

We should comment on this thread from time to time so newbies will see it and hopefully introduce themselves!

I don’t know about becoming a veterinarian (my niece did).  We did have a few of the babies die on us – the mothers had rejected them because they knew something was wrong.  I don’t know if I could have dealt with that aspect of it on a regular basis.

Mélissa Vallée
    Participant
    @melissa-vallee

@sandra-strait Thanks 🙂 Yes I will share more. I have already some idea, not sure how it will turn out but I will still try it.

@doodlewash
    Hehe, thanks 🙂 And yup, big yay for video games! 😀 I totally understand for the Nintendo Switch lol, when my friend got is one after not even three months after the console got lunched I was always poking him for playing with it… I only win two times and for a really short time of playing lol. Finally got mine last year with only Zelda: Breath of the Wild for now… Almost finished the game but I am stretching it in waiting for the new Super Smash Bros in December or Metroid Prime 4 maybe the next year… And I need to poke my friend again for is Mario Odysee lol.

@rod-fletcher
    Thanks for the welcome 🙂

Charlie O’Shields
    Keymaster
    @doodlewash

Any Mario game is a great one! hehe… Philippe is getting Mario Tennis soon. Though, so hopefully I’ll get a chance to play it with him! hehe

Mélissa Vallée
    Participant
    @melissa-vallee

True, I have never been disappointed with a Mario game. I have never really played a sports game of Mario… Except for Mario Golf on the Nintendo 64 (That I still find weird even today for some reason lol) But Mario Tennis seems really fun, I will probably give it a try someday.

Hehe, I am sure you will get a chance to play with him. There will be Super Mario Party who will go out in October and Super Smash Bros Ultimate in December if you want to grab him on some others multiplayer games later this year too.

Cheryl Ploegstra
    Participant
    @cploeg_again

Hi, I’m Cheryl. I started painting after my company paid me to retire early. Even though I started by buying Daniel Smith watercolor tubes, I just fondled them for a couple of years while I learned to paint with water miscible oils.

Meanwhile I got involved with a large plein air event, starting a non-profit community art center, and — for myself — a plein air painters group. I am so envious of the watercolorists in our group for their light loads en plein air, so I started fondling my watercolors again. But this time I’m actually using them.

I guess you all get to watch me learn (bless her heart), while I get to learn by watching y’all!

I look forward to getting to know you better. Thank you for reading.

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Welcome to Doodlewash, Cheryl! You can watch us learn as well.  I look forward to seeing your work.

Anonymous

Hello Everyone!

I found myself stopping in at Doodlewash quite frequently recently, so I thought that I would join. There is so much to explore and so many incredible artists to learn from here.

I’ve been an on again off again doodler for most of my life, but have never decided to invest much time into it. I have fooled around with pencil sketching and using acrylic washes on some of my carving projects recently, but just decided to get involved in watercolor painting in August due to health concerns.

I had been making Native American flutes, guitars and lots of other dusty stuff. I have severe asthma, and have had to put the “dirty stuff” on the back burner. Tried a little Bob Ross style oil painting which I enjoyed, but the media just wasn’t good for my asthma. I think I’ve found a true passion here with watercolor. I’ve been working with pen and wash style, and really enjoying it. I am upgrading from my Hobby Lobby paint, brushes and paper and building a new palette with Daniel Smith and DaVinci paints, based on a split primary palette described by Jane Blundell. Some of my new supplies are already here, and more are on the way.

Anyways, that’s about it for now…

TJ from Montana

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account