Watercolor Paper – interesting blog post

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas Blanchard 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     Halina Veratsennik 
    Participant
    @halinav

I came across this blog post with Watercolor Paper: 5 Things You May Not Know

I always thought that different sides of the paper has different textures, and there is a “wrong” side… hmmm

Tonya L 
    Participant
    @tonya

Thanks for sharing my post, Halina! 🙂 Watercolor paper is pretty interesting stuff. Feel free to ask any questions. I’m certainly no expert, but I have a deep love of all things watercolor. Happy WWM!

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Watercolor paper does have a different texture on each side, but by how much depends on the brand and how it is manufactured.  The term ‘wrong’ is the wrong term to use though, lol.  Both sides can be painted on, but if the difference is pronounced you’ll get different results.  Depending on what the artist is going for, there may be one side that is definitely better to use, but lots of artists happily use either side.  I usually paint on both unless I intend to frame the piece.

SnehLata Maheshwari 
    Participant
    @snehlata
    1. The quality of papers are totally different in every where.
    2. Some times difficult to decide
    3. The Texture of papers like suck the  water emideatly .   Then painting it self find difficulty.
    4. So these are the problem’s , have to face.
     Thomas Blanchard 
    Participant
    @thomas

Very interesting.  I’ve seen some difference in Arches cold press pads vs. full sheets but thought it was just me and my eyes playing games with me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

©2015-2017 Doodlewash® | Privacy & Cookie Policy | Disclosure

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account