First Round of Feature Requests – Thanks All! “Create New Topic” To Add More!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 83 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Charlie O’Shields 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     Charlie O’Shields 
    Keymaster
    @doodlewash

Post your ideas for new features here!

Elizabeth Metz 
    Participant
    @elizabeth-metz

Could there be an archive of all the previous months’ challenges? (If there already is one, feel free to point me to it. I can miss the obvious sometimes.)

When I’m kicking around looking for something to paint, the challenge lists have been super helpful to me. Thank you!

Elizabeth Metz 
    Participant
    @elizabeth-metz

(Oops. Double posted. Sorry about that.)

Halina Veratsennik 
    Participant
    @halinav

hmmm so many ideas:
    – have a section where artists can find local artists – if they want to meet for plein air session or quick sketch over coffee
    – section with links for tutorials / useful links
    – “share your tools” thread… with picture of your paints, brushes, workspace – oh I looooove to see those pictures
    – links to other social media profiles \ or a forum topic where we can post links to our websites + a separate topic for general questions

Charlie O’Shields 
    Keymaster
    @doodlewash

Hey Elizabeth! You can find the the previous art challenges at the bottom of the “About Art Challenges” page currently listed under the World Watercolor Month (I reshuffled links from now through July, so it’s a little harder to find).

Charlie O’Shields 
    Keymaster
    @doodlewash

No worries! My link isn’t showing up… something I’ll need to test more I guess… hehe.. so I hope my description of where to find the archived prompts makes sense! 😊

Charlie O’Shields 
    Keymaster
    @doodlewash

Hey there Halina! Those are great ideas! I can definitely add forum topics like the ones you listed in the near future. As for the social links, I’m definitely wanting to add the ability to include these in your profile, but still looking into the best way to do so. (I wanted cool icons, but it may just be links to start with! hehe) For the share your tools photos, I’ll need to find a way to make it easy to share those images, yet keep them separate from the watercolor gallery images. I’m learning a lot in doing all of this, and so bear with me as I push the limits of my little brain and try to make it all happen! hehe

Jessica Wesolek 
    Participant
    @jessica-wesolek

HI Charlie – what a great idea this group is!
    I do have a question – how does a member set up an Album to put art in? Can’t figure that out.

I would love to see a forum for product reviews. I know Doodlewashed has formal reviews on the blog, but I’m thinking more free form – like a “look what I found” kind of thing, where artists can sing the praises of materials they think work really well (or not).

Maybe this should be under Tips & Tricks – not sure? Just know I love to hear about great papers, paint brands, brushes, and everything “watercolor”.

Charlie O’Shields 
    Keymaster
    @doodlewash

Yeah, I’m woefully behind on building a lovely Getting Started page! hehe… For Albums, go to your profile and click on the Artwork tab. You’ll see “Uploads” and “Albums” at the top. Click On “Albums” and you’ll see a “Create an Album” button. Click this and you name and create your album. Once created you can add files to it right in your profile. For now, it’s just a single image at a time at the moment as this allows you to create a description for each one that only gets applied to that piece of art rather than the entire group. Next, if you add an image via the News Feed, you’ll see an Album link under the post. Click that if you want to add it to an album. When you view an image in the lightbox (full screen black background) you can always click the text at the top to go directly to the post where you’ll see the Album link.

And that’s a great idea by the way! I honestly thought I had something set up like that, but in all my testing I think I deleted the forum. I’ll have to add it back! 😊

Kate Powell 
    Participant
    @kate-powell

I like the idea of a locality page, but people will have to say where they are from…

Tools thread, very good…

And reviews by particpants, also very good.

TanaBelle Watercolors 
    Participant
    @tanabelle-watercolors

Halina, I love your idea of finding other local artists to get together with. I know I wish I knew more painters where I am! I’m so impressed by Plein Air painters and I haven’t had the courage to go out and try it yet. For some reason it intimidates me!

TanaBelle

Mel Scott 
    Participant
    @mel-scott

as an art educator I have noticed that people are fearful of watercolor…..one thing I would like to hear and see is how others teach getting over the fear or watercolors.
    I finally hit on coffee paintings as an introduction to watercolor classes. The students were terrified of color but I noticed them bringing in coffee each day…so we began painting with that. That lead to an understanding of the amount of water versus medium….they understood monochromatic painting…then they began begging for color.
    Ideas to break the inhibitions. Watercolor is the most forgiving medium out there….but it has a reputation for being hard..no mistakes.

Kate Powell 
    Participant
    @kate-powell

That is a great topic Mel…

Charlie O’Shields 
    Keymaster
    @doodlewash

That’s such a wonderful idea to do! I have seen lots of people intimidated by watercolor and color mixing and the like. I love the idea of just making images first, gaining confidence and then demanding color! That’s awesome! If you’d ever like to create a group here on Doodlewash, feel free, I’ve opened up the Groups feature so everyone can create their own watercolor group! You’ll now see “Create A Group” option on the Groups page. 😉

Patricia Mellett Brown 
    Participant
    @patricia-mellett-brown

YAY! Thank you Charlie for creating this club, I suspect I shall be hanging around here rather a lot! I like Halinas idea of a section where artists can meet locally. Maybe a section where people can introduce themselves when they join?!? All the best, Patricia.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

©2015-2017 Doodlewash® | Privacy & Cookie Policy | Disclosure

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account