Beginners to Watercolour

Beginner ANIMALS, BIRDS & SEA/POND CREATURES Tutorials

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

You never really need to have the same tools as the artist you are learning from – the techniques are what is important.  I think your fox is adorable and not squirrelly at all!

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

@Sq Oh that turned out so good!  I agree with Sandra that we need not have the exact same tools to study an artist’s techniques.

I love  Hajra’s work too – she’s a talented lady and so educated in art history that chatting with her is just fascinating.

Kate Powell
    Participant
    @kate-powell

Sandra’s postcards for the lunchbox (mostly animals) are some of my favorite posts!

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Thank you very much, Kate!

Eve McHugh “Sqwiffy”
    Participant
    @sq

Where will I find these? I’m not so good at navigating around…..

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Sq, I’m not sure exactly what you are trying to find.  The videos in this thread?

Eve McHugh “Sqwiffy”
    Participant
    @sq

<p style=”text-align: right;”>Your postcards for the lunchbox that Kate mentioned.</p>

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

Allison Fennell steps us through her process for painting a Budgie.  She offers tips and ways to help see your values too.

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Oh! I should have scrolled up and read more of the thread, lol.

You’ve seen some of them.  Many of the paintings I post here are 4 x6 postcards that I paint or draw to put into my husband’s lunch bag.  I call them Postcards for the Lunch Bag.  If you want to see them, you can go to my artwork here and scroll through. Almost any of them with an animal is one of them.

I also did a tutorial showing how I do most of the postcards.  Thank you for your interest!

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

Kateri Ewing shows us how to do cute little snowmen.  (Which are sort of critters, right? I don’t know.  I vacillated between this forum and the portraits forum! lol)

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

When you think about Frosty the snowman wandering around – yeah, I think snowmen qualify as critturs, lol! Thank you for the link!

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

@sandra-strait  Yep!  But then … snow peeps have a chubby body like me and a plump face like me and … I second guessed that animal versus portrait forum part. LOL   I actually thought of making a Holiday Forum … but then thought of all those existing videos I would have to move or double list to it … and I settled for the critter tag.

Ohhhhhh the challenges of posting!  ROFL 🤣

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

Jessica Henry demonstrates an adorable frog done in a Beatrix Potter style!

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Ooh! I’ll definitely have to check this one out! I love Beatrix Potter’s style.  Thank you for the link, Yvonne!

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

Call Lawson fully steps us through the process of drawing and painting a little lamb. ❤️

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account