Beginners to Watercolour

Beginner FLORAL Tutorials

This topic contains 61 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Sandra Strait 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Author
     Yvonne Reeder 
    Participant
    @von

This Forum area is for all things about FLORAL Technique Tutorials. This can include Gardens, Flower Bouquets, Macro Florals, etc.

Yvonne Reeder 
    Participant
    @von

Check out this gorgeous Rose tutorial by Anna Mason! She’s another of my favourite Watercolour artists.

Yvonne Reeder 
    Participant
    @von

This Tulips painting process by Andrew Geeson is very loose and something a beginner might manage quite well, I think.

Yvonne Reeder 
    Participant
    @von

Lindsay Weirich’s enthusiasm for watercolour is contagious!  Between Charlie’s Doodlewash and her YT channel, I know we will find our way with WC too!

Charlie O’Shields 
    Keymaster
    @doodlewash

Lindsay’s enthusiasm is fabulous!! As is her art! I totally agree! If anyone wants to learn more about Lindsay, be sure to check out her guest feature here on Doodlewash: https://doodlewash.com/guest-doodlewash-more-fun-art-than-fine-art/

Yvonne Reeder 
    Participant
    @von

James Gurney has some tips about Floral Garden Painting.

Yvonne Reeder 
    Participant
    @von

Art Tutor Watercolour Backgrounds Daisy Pt. 1

Art Tutor Watercolour Backgrounds Daisy Pt. 2

Yvonne Reeder 
    Participant
    @von

Angela Fehr
    https://www.youtube.com/user/angelfehr

Wild Roses & Pansies – a lovely multi-part (5-6?) series! I’m only linking Part 1 so be sure to go to YouTube (link above), subscribe and watch the rest. 🙂

It’s a brilliant series chock full of information that is perfect for beginners and even intermediate painters!

Part 1 – how’s & why’s of transferring your work with graphite and how to create your own graphite transfer paper:

Yvonne Reeder 
    Participant
    @von

Wonder Forest shows us Mistletoe WC Cards for those who are already painting theirs!

Yvonne Reeder 
    Participant
    @von

Linda Smith Latimer has a full 4 part series on this project. Look up her YT to follow the rest of this series. Also take a look at her other videos as there are a wonderful array there! 😉
    Wild White Roses Part 1:

Sharon Nolfi 
    Participant
    @sharonnolfi

How to paint flower petals multiple ways:

Sharon Nolfi 
    Participant
    @sharonnolfi

Flower petal tutorial posted above by Maria Raczynska.

Yvonne Reeder 
    Participant
    @von

Thank you so much for this Sharon – really lovely and easy too!! ❤️😍

Yvonne Reeder 
    Participant
    @von

Angela Fehr shares a Stained Glass Poppies in Window effect in Watercolour.

I so loved this, of course! 😃  I’ve a historical book on Tiffany that sparked my interest in this style!  Have any of  you ever done a piece in watercolour like this?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Yvonne Reeder.
     Anonymous

You did ask Yvonne! This was from a Wendy Sinclair photograph. Very soothing to do – reminded me of painting paper doilies as a kid.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account