Beginners to Watercolour

Beginner FLORAL Tutorials

This topic contains 61 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Sandra Strait 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Author
     Yvonne Reeder 
    Participant
    @von

Ken Hobson demonstrates both sketching and then watercolouring a Floral Still Life:

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Thank you, Yvonne! I need to study and accomplish a looser style. Not that I want to do loose all the time – I want to be able to do every kind of style, lol!

Yvonne Reeder 
    Participant
    @von

@sandra-strait Sandra, I know you can do it!  Your doodle bits would go perfect with it too – you’re so versatile.

I love Andrew Geeson’s loose paintings too – plus he’s so fun and funny.

Mainly tho, I just want to get that water part sorted in my brain.bat as the floods I create are beginning to overflow my tray.  😂

Yvonne Reeder 
    Participant
    @von

PaintyKat demonstrates her process with an Anemone Flower.

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Thank you for the link, Yvonne.  I’ll watch this one if just to see what colors are used!

Yvonne Reeder 
    Participant
    @von

Painting with Nicola demonstrates a pretty Poinsettia. ❤️

Yvonne Reeder 
    Participant
    @von

Birgit O’Connor gives us pointers on painting a pretty Poinsettia.

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Thank you for the link, Yvonne! I love poinsettias!

Yvonne Reeder 
    Participant
    @von

I wish I could say the same, but I don’t. **blush**  They are very pretty but are so poisonous to our pets that I cringe when I see them.  I should paint this to put out every year, instead. lol

Yvonne Reeder 
    Participant
    @von

Sometimes, we get overwhelmed by the forest instead of looking at each tree, one at a time.  In today’s video, Maria Raczynska breaks down a rose by demonstrating one petal of a rose.  So pretty!

Yvonne Reeder 
    Participant
    @von

Little World of Art demonstrates a Floral Still Life done with Sennelier pigments of Burnt Sienna, Ultramarine Blue, Purple Opera Rose, Permanent Rose and Sap Green.

You will see this post twice as I’m adding it to both forums for Flowers and Still Life.

Yvonne Reeder 
    Participant
    @von

If you’re looking for a quick and easy Valentines Day card – Melissa Esplin shows us a do-it-yourself using her Sakura products.

Yvonne Reeder 
    Participant
    @von

Jarnie Godwin Art steps us through her process of a White Snowdrop … creating that white flower on white paper was amazing. ❣️

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Yvonne Reeder.
     Yvonne Reeder 
    Participant
    @von

Deb Watson shows us her simple technique for Pansies.  Such a sweet flower. <3

Sandra Strait 
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Thank you for sharing this, Yvonne!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account