Beginners to Watercolour

Beginner TECHNIQUE & ISSUES Tutorials

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 192 total)
  • Author
    Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I like to watch the videos because even with the most basic ones I usually come away with something.  A way of holding the brush a bit differently, or a combination of colors that I hadn’t used before.  Or on the unlearning side, I’ll realize I’ve been doing something in a way that makes things more difficult.  Harder to unlearn, though.  Half the time, I’m halfway done doing something before I realize I wasn’t going to do it that way anymore, lol.

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

I so get that! lol  I like seeing the variety because of those differences but sometimes I think it can overwhelm me as a beginner too.  On the one hand, it opens me to options whilst on the other hand it overwhelms me because I’ve yet to fully understand even the first option.

A kaleidoscope of everything is utterly enchanting yet opens me to missing subtle changes that can make a big difference to my personal journey.

When I find one artists style that captures me, I’ve learned it’s best to focus on that for a good bit until I’m satisfied I’ve got it … then begin on the next discovery.

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Sometimes, though, I think that moment when your mind is totally baffled and you think you’ll never get it all straight – that’s the darkest before the dawn.  It means you’re about to figure it out.  Not always true, but when I’m feeling overwhelmed, I try to remember that, and just keep chugging.  Nine times out of ten, I’m glad I did.

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

I agree Sandra!  I don’t let it stop me.  The sweetest parts about those experiments is that I always learn something, even if it’s what “not to do!” which is always a bonus in the long run. 😂

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

Sandy Allnock shares her beginner tips making cards. What I appreciated is the simplicity of explanation which accompanied the visuals.

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

Art Tutor has watercolour worksheets available in exchange for your email address.

http://resources.arttutor.com/watercolour-cheat-sheets-at/

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

Alfonso Dunn shares a tonal value study with watercolour:

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

Angela Fehr shares beginner tips to improve your work:

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

Steve talks us through Granulating
    & Sedimentary Pigments:

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Great reference video!

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

Thank you Sandra. 🙂

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

We all know that Watercolour is contingent on water and our control of it.  Steve talks ya through some practice steps of that. ❤️

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

Esperoart shows a beautiful and very interesting Negative Painting process:

Anonymous

Can’t seem to find a way to comment on the negative painting video by Esperoart. This is beautiful, and simple to follow. might try tomorrow.

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

You did great on your comment, Rod!   Usually, the “reply” is immediately on top of each post.  You should see a series like this:

“ Edit – Move – Split – Trash – Spam – Reply”

and the reply will open up the text entry box. 🙂

I can’t wait to see your version of this! 😃❣️😃

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 192 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account