Beginners to Watercolour

Beginner GENERAL ART Tutorials

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von
    Anonymous

How to Paint a Watercolour Galaxy

This looks easy and fun

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I’ll definitely have to try this one! Thanks for the link, Rod.

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

Jane Blundell has a superb tutorial on building a beginners palette of pigments.

https://www.janeblundellart.com/building-your-palette-of-colours.html

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

This is a brilliant tool for your drawing resources and this video explains it’s useage.

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I have one of those, but I have to admit I’m more likely to go with the grid method.  I’m just more used to it and you don’t have to keep adjusting something.  I think for plein air though, these things can’t be beat!

Thank you for sharing the video, Yvonne!

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

@Sandra-Strait  I so fail at the grid … a system that is so easy for so many.  There’s something about the box lines that restrict me visually and I just can’t get out of the square.  My brain is just weird like that. lol

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

I know what you mean.  I draw my grid on a separate piece of paper and use a lightbox to see it through the paper I’m drawing on.  I find I don’t have a much trouble that way because the grid is less intrusive.  Even at that, I don’t use it often unless my subject is really complex.  I much prefer to just freehand it and live with any proportional or perspective mishaps, lol.

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

I have just uploaded a video review on “1500 Mixing Recipes for Oil, Acrylic and Watercolor” which is a fabulous resource for beginners.  The Watercolour sections are clearly marked and the mixes include creating your values as well!

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Fantastic video, Yvonne!  Are you going to be streaming on a regular basis?

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

Thank you Sandra!  Yes, I Live Stream on YT every Friday morning at 10:00 am EST (barring unforeseen health or life issues lol) BUT, my channel will be a mixup of oils, watercolour, guoache, oil pastels, pan and soft pastels as well as pastel pencils, coloured pencils (including watercolour pencils), graphite, and Bible Journalling … plus book reviews when I think it would be beneficial to a beginner.

I have developed a love for so many mediums and love to play!  I love to experiment!  It’s how I learn best and want to encourage others to do that too.😊❤️

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

Nicola has a short video with some terrific words of advice for a beginner. 💜

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Thank you for sharing this, Yvonne!

Yvonne Reeder
    Participant
    @von

No matter the medium you work in, the values in your painting can make or break it.

How to Draw Light from Darkness

Sandra Strait
    Participant
    @sandra-strait

Excellent video! I do think values are about the most important thing in your artwork.  Thanks for sharing it here, Yvonne!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2015-2018 Doodlewash®  Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Disclosure  Powered By Wordpress.com

CONTACT US

Want to say hi and connect? Do you make lovely things with watercolor and want to be featured in the next Guest Artist post?! Great! Not sure, just feel the need to say something? Awesome! Just fill out the form below!

Sending

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account