I am Claudia Gauthier from Paris and I am glad to share with you these few moments on Charlie’s invitation. I hope my English won’t be too difficult to understand for you and you will forget my mistakes and keep in mind that those words are written with all my heart.
I love drawing because it has a lot to do with personal development and helps you to share on the internet with people.
Anywhere in the world.
I helped my son who was a dysphasic child. Dysphasia is like Dyslexia in some ways and to make it short: he started speaking at the age of six and had severe problems at school, especially in maths.
Now thank God and drawing, he is an adult with a job. He passed his A levels and did one year in a culinary school specializing in catering. He did not want to go on and get a diploma. He preferred to work. It was his choice, but at least he has got a job and he is financially independent.
Drawing helped him a lot and helped me too when I was down.
That’s why I became an Art teacher, because I am sure anybody can draw and a regular practice of drawing helps you to become a more balanced joyful and harmonious person. So, I try my best to give everything I know to my students with my personal method.
I love drawing because I have done it from childhood. And so, as an art teacher, I give lessons either in English, Italian (as Italian is my native language) or in French at the Louvre museum in Paris. I teach drawing, watercolors, sketchbooking, and drawing on the iPad Pro.
And if one day , if you decide to travel to Paris, send me a mail and I will help you to find accommodation or whatever you need. I will help you to discover Paris and its secret places and we will go to draw at the Louvre or at the Orsay museum and even in the Tuileries Garden, if it is summertime. And if you don’t want to draw and need information about Paris, feel free to contact me via my blog.
7 Tips For Watercolors And Drawings
- Stop trying to be perfect. Perfection is a serial killer. I don’t know who wrote this sentence but it is so true. I made it my motto.
- Just draw anything and the more you are drawing the more you will improve your creativity.
- Fight the inner critic, it does not get us anywhere.
- Share and put in your mind that a candle does not lose its flame giving it to another candle.
- Don’t focus on tools, you need only a pen and paper that’s all to draw like Michelangelo. (Sometimes, I use makeup brushes as you can see above.)
- Try to simplify what you see. If you want to progress, pick up a complex object like a bicycle and make it simple as much as you can. Don’t be overwhelmed by the complexity of it. Same for buildings.
- Don’t be obsessed by contours look at the negative spaces instead.
Hope to see you in Paris soon and a « bouquet de fleurs » for you!!!
Creator of Doodlewash® and founder of World Watercolor Month™ (July) and World Watercolor Group™. Sharing daily watercolor illustrations and stories while proudly featuring talented artists from all over the world! If you’d like to be a guest artist on Doodlewash.com, contact me!