Hi there! My name is Nadya Levitova. I was born in Russia, but I moved to Brooklyn, New York about 15 years ago. Currently, I’m in my second year as a student at the Rochester Institute of Technology in the civil engineering technology program.
I started drawing from as young as I can possibly remember and have been practicing ever since. My favorite media is watercolor paint used with pen and ink. The mixture of these styles creates an interesting portrayal of what you see in front of you. My favorite subject to draw is anything I see in front of me (especially a new watercolor palette)!
Here’s a little about my commonly carried sketching items:
- either one of the two travel watercolor set’s that I own, the Winsor & Newton Cotman Compact Set, or the Winsor & Newton Cotman Water Color Pocket Plus Set of 12 Half Pans
- Pentel Aquash™ water brush pens, small, medium, and large size (I don’t always carry all of them)
- Lamy Safari pen and Lamy Joy pen, both filled with Noodlers Ink Bulletproof Black
- Pencil that I rarely use for under sketches
- Paper towel for cleaning off the brushes
- Alligator clips to hold the sketchbook open
- a Moleskine art book. The amount of times I have tried different sketchbooks and I have yet to find anything better then a Moleskine art book
Every couple of months, I get a creative burst and try a new media, or a completely different craft. Sometimes its crocheting, sometimes its acrylic paint for modern art, and sometimes its charcoal.
Despite attending a university for a different passion of mine, civil engineering technology, I still find time to practice my love for art. You can find my art frequently posted on my Instagram account.