Recently doodlewash.com was nominated for a blogger award by Ramida Han (a super talented Guest Doodlewasher… check our her guest post here and you can follow her blog here!) She created the awesome doodlewash above for the post she made using an excerpt from the Doodlewash Manifesto, and IT was truly cooler than the award!
I’ve never been good about following rules, so I know you’re supposed to do certain things in response to these nominations. But instead, I’m going to do something different (big surprise, eh?) I’m going to use this as an opportunity to personally thank each and every one of the Guest Doodlewashers who have shared their inspiring work here! (and thanks in advance to many talented artists yet to appear! Also, there are 25 of you and the award said I could only nominate 15, so yeah… I’m gonna go ahead and break the rules!)
This blog started out small (just last month!) with big dreams of connecting people across the world through the art of watercolor sketching. Beyond my own little doodlewashes, I wanted to share the work of other artists, so we could all learn more and be inspired together. I never expected it to be this rewarding, but it has been, thanks to all of you!
So, in case you missed them, here are the first 25 Guest Doodlewashers (in order of appearance)! Be sure to follow each of these talented folks who come to you from 6 of the 7 continents across the world (still waiting to hear back from someone who sketches in Antarctica) Thank you all!
- Julia Milner – Nottinghamshire, UK
- Aggie Lim – Australia
- Sari Atika Sundari – Jakarta, Indonesia
- Kit Schuetze, Taos, New Mexico
- Marko Refael, Israel
- Kirk Livingston, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Beverly Dyer, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Holly Spencer, Kansas City, Missouri
- Carol Jurczak, Northern California
- Sarah Smalldon, Plymouth, Devon, UK
- Susan Carver Williams, East Tennessee
- Melvin San Francisco Garay, Coquimbo, Chile
- Ann Hyde, Devon, UK
- Ginger Hershberger, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Ramida Han, Singapore (originally from Thailand)
- Kyly Sheldon, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Lorna Moore, Independence, MO
- Theo Carter-Weber, Shepherds Bush, London
- Nicola Schofield, United Kingdom
- Esther BeLer Wodrich, Phoenix, Arizona
- Patricia R., Los Angeles, California
- Jenny Kroik, Eugene, Oregon
- Sarah Cruz, Philippines
- Pascal Drai – Paris, France
- Emily Porter, Longfellow, Massachusetts
And, of course, a big thank you to the original Doodlewash Crew, my partner Philippe, our fabulous friend Aesha, and our honorary crew member in Paris, Sandrine. It’s not as fun to doodlewash alone, and having this many doodlewashing friends from all over the world is truly the best award I’ve ever received!Recommended1 recommendationPublished in
Creator of Doodlewash®, founder of World Watercolor Month (July), World Watercolor Group™, and host of the Sketching Stuff Podcast. Sharing daily watercolor illustrations and stories while proudly featuring talented artists from all over the world! If you’d like to be a guest artist on Doodlewash.com, contact me!